Council positions for election
Positions on Council are nominated and elected by the Fellowship and bring with them the responsibilities of a Trustee of the Society. Elections take place in June at the Society’s Annual General Meeting. Details of Council positions open for election and information on how to nominate a candidate, are normally posted on this web page in January every year.
It is normally expected that Council members will also serve on (and chair in the case of Vice-Presidents and Honorary Treasurer) the Committee of Council relevant to the position to which they have been elected. Only Fellows of the Society may stand for positions on Council and only Fellows may propose candidates for election (this includes Postgraduate Fellows).
If you wish to stand for election to the Council, you should be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the Society and experience relevant to the position that you are standing for. You must also be available to attend three Council meetings per year and at least two Committee meetings per year. If you wish to stand for a position in the Research and Higher Education Division, you must also currently hold a related post in a further or higher educational institution, or be persons of similar standing.
• Indicate the position for which they are standing. Candidates are only able to stand for one position
• Provide their Fellowship number
• Provide a 75 word biographical note that will accompany the ballot papers, indicating relevant experience. If the word length exceeds this, only the first 75 words will be included. One link to a website can be added.
• Include the names and signatures of five proposing Fellows
Proposing Fellows should:
• Provide their Fellowship number.
• Provide a brief summary of why the candidate is considered suitable by them, for the chosen position.
Proposers may only support one candidate for any single position
All nominations should be sent to the Director, preferably via email: email@example.com
The information for elections in 2014 will be posted in December 2013.
Please contact the Director's Office on +44 (0)20 7591 3004 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries.