Society membership is for anyone who wishes to be inspired by and stay informed about our planet, its peoples and environments.
Also available as a gift.
Stay informed about geography and the Society
- Receive a monthly copy of Geographical magazine, either in hard copy or digitally
- Receive our seasonal autumn, spring and summer Bulletins and a monthly e-update with Society news and events
- Watch high-quality recordings of our Monday Night lectures online (from January 2015)
Connect with the community of geographers
- Attend a wide range of talks, exhibitions and events taking place across the UK, meeting local Fellows, members and geography enthusiasts
Access to resources and expertise
- Unlimited use of the Foyle Reading Room, our library of maps, books, guides, and unrivalled access to our historic Collections
- Access to the Members' Room – a members only space which can be used for meetings, remote working or relaxing
- Get expert advice on informed travel with our workshops, events and courses
Third party discounts
- Receive discounts on kit and equipment at Cotswold Outdoor, Stanfords and Nomad stores and online
Support the Society
- Your membership is vital to support and sustain the work of the Society in advancing geography and geographical learning
Ordinary Membership is open to everyone.
Annual membership costs £130
Download an Application Form PDF | MSWord
Download a Gift Application Form MSWord
Simply complete an application form, and return with your payment and CV to the Membership Office.
Applications are accepted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org (simply download the application form, complete and attach to your email) or by post. Please address to: Membership Office, RGS-IBG, 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR.
Have a question? See our FAQs
Call +44 (0)20 7591 3080