Join as a Postgraduate and be part of the geographical research community.
Why should I join?
As a Postgraduate Fellow of the RGS-IBG, you can use your membership for discounts on courses and conferences, networking through our research groups, and exchanging ideas through our postgraduate forum.
- Free online access to our academic journals - Transactions, Area, and The Geographical Journal, and the guides Publishing in Geography and Communicating in Research
- Regular email updates with information on geography in Higher Education
- Expert advice on planning fieldwork and expeditions
- Membership of the Postgraduate Forum
- Participation in a choice of 28 research groups
- Unlimited use of the Foyle Reading Room and our library of maps, books, guides and have unrivalled access to our historic Collections
- Attend our London and regional lectures, and use of Members' Room
- Attend and vote at the Society's AGM
Simply complete an application form, and return your payment and CV to the Membership Office at RGS-IBG, 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR.
- Annual membership costs from £28 (with no joining fee) and runs for 12 months.
To be elected as a Postgraduate Fellow you must:
- Be a registered postgraduate student in geography or an allied subject at a University;
- Have your postgraduate status confirmed by a University authority approved by the Society's Council;
- Have a sufficient involvement in geography or an allied subject through training, profession, research, publications or other work of a similar nature, as evidenced in your CV.
For advice on being proposed as a Postgraduate Fellow please telephone +44 (0)20 7591 3080.