School membership is an organisational membership giving teachers and their students access to our dedicated School Members Area, incorporating Geography in the News; our dedicated educational resource of classroom-ready case studies on contemporary news stories and key issues.
Access to our School Members Area, incorporating Geography in the News
- Over 300+ in-depth case studies providing geographical interpretation to contemporary news stories and the key issues discussed in the 21st Century Challenges discussion series. Linked to KS3, GCSE, IB and AS/A2, these subject update case studies can be incorporated into your schemes of work and also provide ideal materials for your students to ‘read around’ the subject
- Attend our termly School Member Lectures
- Online interviews, lectures - including online access to the Society's Monday Night lectures - and research articles that will allow your students to learn from some of Britain’s leading geographical experts.
- Attend subject update CPD, study days, lectures and debates
- Access over 2,000 webpages of resources linked to curriculum and examination requirements
- Become involved in our on-going curriculum, fieldwork and transition projects
- Receive up to 40% discounts on our CPD courses and events - including 21st Century Challenges events, Philip’s Atlases and Geographical magazine
- Save £30 on becoming a Fellow of the Society
- Save £50 on your application to become a Chartered Geographer (Teacher)
Please note that attendance at the Society's Monday night and City lectures is a benefit only for individual members, not organisational members such as School Members. If you, your teaching colleagues or students would like to attend the Monday night or City lectures we recommend that you join as either a Fellow or a Young Geographer. School Members are able to attend School Member Lectures only.
Cost and further information
- Annual membership costs £80
- School membership is an organisational membership for all schools in the UK and overseas.
Download an Application Form (PDF)
Simply complete an application form, and return along with your payment to the Education Department at RGS-IBG, 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR.
Have a question? See our FAQs
Call +44 (0)20 7591 3053