Available to those studying or recently graduated in geography or a similar subject, or those aged 14 - 24.
Why should I join?
If you have a burning interest in climate change, international development, or globalisation – the Society is where you can share your passion for places, travel and the environment.
You might be planning a gap year, looking for careers advice or support for your study or field work. For all of this and more, join the Society.
If you think ‘been there, done that’, then prepare to be challenged and inspired by our many lectures, events and websites.
To liven up your travel, use our huge library full of guidebooks and maps on every possible destination.
And, with discounts on kit, books and a monthly copy of Geographical magazine all included, being part of the Society won’t cost you the earth.
(Better still, if there is someone that thinks the world of you, tell them about our special gift membership….)
- One year subscription £40
- Two years subscription £72
- Three years subscription £99
- Access to our website Geography in the News - great for revision for GCSE and A Level
- A monthly copy of Geographical magazine - each edition packed with excellent features on the environment, history, culture and fantastic photography
- Attend our London, City and regional lectures – some of which are open to your guests
- Advice, expertise and training to prepare you to go off the beaten track
- Unlimited use of our library of maps, books and travel guides
- Online access to all Society journals
- Discounts at Cotswold Outdoor, Stanfords and Nomad online and in-store
If you are studying, have recently graduated in geography or a similar subject at a UK university, or are aged between 14 and 24, you are eligible to join.