Young Geographer membership is ideal for students and recent graduates who want to demonstrate their enthusiasm for the subject, whether for their studies and personal interest, university applications or job applications.
Also available as a gift.
Whether planning a gap year, thinking about geography careers or learning from contemporary geographers, the Society has the resources, expertise and events to inspire and support the next generation of geographers.
Stay informed about geography for your studies
- Access to the Society’s educational resources containing in-depth case studies on contemporary news stories and key issues – a great revision tool for GCSE and A Level.
- Receive resources on studying geography and future careers
Stay informed on wider geographical issues and challenges
- Free online access to all our academic journals - Transactions, Area, and The Geographical Journal
- Digital subscription to Geographical magazine
- Attend a wide range of conferences, talks and events taking place across the UK, meeting local Fellows, members and geography enthusiasts
- Attend our Monday night lectures or watch high-quality recordings online
Inspiration and expertise
- For gap years, access advice, expertise and training to prepare you for travel off the beaten track
- Unlimited use of the Foyle Reading Room and our library of maps, books, guides
- Opportunities to apply for grants for gap year travel and fieldwork
- Receive our monthly e-update with Society news and events
Third party discounts
- Discounts at Cotswold Outdoor and Stanfords stores and online
You are eligible to join if you are aged between 14 and 24 or are studying geography (or an allied subject) at GCSE, A Level or as an undergraduate.
Cost and further information
- One year subscription £41
- Two years subscription £73
- Three years subscription £101
Download an application form: PDF | MSWord
Download a gift application form: MSWord
If you prefer to apply via post, simply complete the application form, and return with your payment and CV to the Membership Office.
Applications are accepted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org (simply download the application form, complete and attach to your email) or by post. Please address to: Membership Office, RGS-IBG, 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR.
Have a question? See our FAQs
Call +44 (0)20 7591 3080