Regional Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Opportunities
The RGS-IBG supports a number of networks of geography teachers throughout the country.
View Regional CPD Networks in a larger map.
Find out about our upcoming London and regional conferences and events for teachers, along with details of how to book on to them.
- Ascot: Led by Dan Cowling CGeog, Charters School.
- Bancroft's, Essex: Led by Simon Oakes, Bancroft's School
- Bath: Led by Dick Bateman CGeog
- Brighton and Hove: Led by Graham Goldup CGeog and Maria Larkin CGeog, Cardinal Newman Catholic School
- Bristol: Led by Garry Atterton CGeog, Castle School
- Bristol: Led by Ben Cotton, St Katherine's School
- Bromley: Led by RGS-IBG
- Chesterfield: Led by Adrian Taylor CGeog, St Mary's RC High School
- Exeter: Led by Rob Clemens CGeog, West Exe Technology College
- Gloucestershire: Led by Garry Atterton CGeog, Castle School
- Greater Birmingham: Led by Bob Lang CGeog and Paula Cooper CGeog, King Edward VI Five Ways School
- Havering: Led by Judith Reed, Cooper's Company and Coborn School
- Kent (Primary): Led by Gerard O'Sullivan CGeog, Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre
- London: Led by RGS-IBG
- Manchester: Led by James Foster, Xaverian Sixth Form College
- Merseyside and Wirral: Led by Helen Gadsby, Liverpool Hope University
- Mid Essex: Led by Graeme Eyre, Anglo European School
- Milton Keynes: Led by Sarah Cowling, Oakgrove School
- Nottingham: Led by RGS-IBG and Janet Northover, Nottingham Trent University
- Peak District: Led by Sarah Wilks, Peak District National Park
- Portsmouth: Led by David Rogers CGeog, Priory School
- Reading: Led by Jan Norgaard, Reading School
- South Ribble, Lancashire: Led by Ben Ward, Penwortham Girl's High School
- Watford: Led by Judith Mansell CGeog and Julie Lloyd, Watford Grammar School for Boys
- Weymouth: Led by Sam Temple CGeog, Budmouth Technology College
- Wigan: Led by Andrea Wood, The Deanery High School
We are currently in discussions with teachers to possibly create networks in:
Network events have also taken part in the following places over the past few years, although we are now currently looking for new leaders for these networks:
- West Sussex
Want to run your own network?
We are looking for enthusiastic geography teachers to set up and run CPD networks in their local area. The RGS-IBG will provide full support, ensuring minimal administration for you. If you are interested in setting something up or would like the RGS-IBG to support a network you are already running please email Claire at email@example.com or call 020 7591 3053.