Books and pamphlets
The library collection holds over 150,000 bound volumes.
These substantial holdings date primarily from the foundation of the Society in 1830 onwards and focus on the history and geography of places worldwide.
Researchers might find:
- Information on European migration
- A work charting changes in the ice shelves of Antarctica
- A 19th century guidebook to Berlin
- David Livingstone’s account of his search for the source of the Nile
- A title discussing water resource management issues
- A description of the Yangtze's Three Gorges
Read more about the Library stock (PDF), particularly special collections.