The Society’s Collections are recorded in several ways.
Finance from the Heritage Lottery Fund enabled us to retro-convert card catalogue records of our heritage materials such as:
- Picture Library
- Manuscript Archive (collection-level)
- Older Map Room and Library items
Records for these older and/or unique items can accessed online. All post-2000 book accessions also appear in the online catalogue.
Our remaining card catalogues must currently be used to access the records of:
- Books published between 1911 and 1999
- Maps of some European countries published after 1940
- Manuscript Archive items beyond collection level (though see Access to Archives)
External online sources
You can find item-level entries for our manuscript materials via the Access to Archives website.
Our individual collections are not fully comprehensive but do complement those in other establishments, so try COPAC, an online consortium catalogue for national and research libraries, to search other libraries.