BS 8848 workshops
BS 8848: a specification for the provision of visits, fieldwork, expeditions and adventurous activities outside the UK.
What is BS 8848?
- Friday 22 September 2017
- Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), London
- Full day workshop (9.30am-5.00pm)
British Standard 8848 specifies operational requirements for those responsible for organising overseas activities and student placements abroad.
Why should I use BS 8848?
All who understand BS 8848 will be better informed about the risks and safety management procedures that good practice indicates should be in place before fieldwork begins.
RGS-IBG run workshops are designed for those wishing to use BS 8848 to evaluate the existing safety management procedures within their organisation against the national standard.
Who can attend these workshops?
These workshops are open to everyone interested in complying with the Standard or using it to benchmark safety management practices within their organisations against the Standard.
The workshop will provide details on:
- What BS 8848 conformity means
- Understanding the key concepts and requirements of BS 8848
- Evidence required to make a claim of compliance with the new British Standard
- The role of Third party providers in BS 8848 compliance
- What protection BS 8848 provides consumers / parents / organisations?
When is the next BS 8848 workshop?
Friday 22 September 2017, 9.30am - 5.00pm
How much does the workshop cost?
RGS-IBG members £171/ Non-members £190 (incl. VAT). Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Where is the workshop held?
Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR
How do I book a place?
Download a booking form (Interactive PDF) or
Other relevant courses
Those in an operations role trying to implement the standard within their organisations, might also consider attending our Off-site Safety Management training.