Coastal and Marine Research Group
The Coastal and Marine Research Group (CMRG) facilitates and undertakes research into the sustainable use and management of coastal and marine areas.
Acting as an academic research network for coastal and marine researchers, practitioners and postgraduates, it has its roots in the emergence, over the past two decades, of coastal and marine studies as a geographic academic discipline. It seeks to facilitate collaborative research, discussion, and the publication of coastal and marine research as books and/or journal special issues, on topics including:
- Coastal and marine spatial planning
- International and national management frameworks and policies
- Coastal and marine development
- Coastal and marine conservation
- Legal aspects of coastal and marine management
- The management of shipping, ports and harbours
- Stakeholder involvement in decision-making
- Capacity building, pedagogy, education and training
- Maritime heritage and citizenship
Read more about news and activities at the CMRG website.