The Society is delighted to be working with the Department for Education to run the RGS-IBG Geography Teacher Training Scholarship programme for trainee geography teachers, launched in 2017-18.
If you are awarded a scholarship, your support will include:
- £28,000 tax-free funding (2018-19)
- Free training events on key subjects, GIS and residential fieldwork
- Access to teaching resources
- Postgraduate Fellowship of the Society and membership of the Geographical Association
- A get ready to teach resources box
- Networking opportunities and other support to complement your teacher training course
Our online application process for the 2018-19 RGS-IBG Geography Scholarships is now open. Check if you are eligible to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline for all applications will be 1 July 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.