How to apply for a geography scholarship
To apply for a Geography Teacher Training Scholarship you will need to complete an application form that demonstrates your subject knowledge and commitment to teaching, after which you may be invited to attend an assessment day.
You can apply before or after you have secured your teacher training place, but we recommend you submit your application as soon as possible.
Applications for the 2018-19 Scholarship Programme are now open. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Step one: Are you eligible?
Please read our eligibility criteria and frequently asked questions before you start your application. If you are eligible, then you can proceed to step two.
Step two: Complete your application form
In the application form you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Your personal details and contact information
- Your academic background and qualifications
- Your recent work experience
- Why you want this scholarship and how your relevant skills and experience help you to meet the requirements of the programme
- Your experience with young people and how this has inspired you to become a geography teacher
- Why you think young people should have a sound geographical subject knowledge in relation to either global development or natural hazards.
You must complete your application using our online form. Please do not submit your application via a paper copy or email.
Step three: Assessment day
If your online application is shortlisted, we will invite you to attend one of our assessment days in London, which will take place monthly.