Awards for Excellence in Geographical Learning
Awards recognising and rewarding excellence in geographical examinations.
What are these awards for?
These awards aim to recognise and reward excellence in geographical examinations. It is always appreciated by students, parents and schools when the highest examination achievements are rewarded, and to have that achievement recognised by the national learned society for the subject elevates it further still. Therefore, we have embarked on an award scheme which promotes the interest and enjoyment of geography by recognising and rewarding high achievers in A Level and GCSE examinations.
The 2015 award winners will be announced in January 2016.
The winning students each receive a cash award and certificate from the Society.
The 2014 Award Winners
- OCR – Emily Louise Harbach, Haberdashers’ Aske’s School, Boreham Wood, Elstree, Hertfordshire
- AQA – Emily Barker, Berkhamsted School, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire
- Edexcel – Alice Porter, Henrietta Barnett School, London
- CCEA – Laura Quinn, Our Lady's Grammar School, Down, Northern Ireland
- WJEC – Ignatius Hillcoat-Nalletamby, St Michael’s School, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire
- OCR – (Spec A) Oscar Thomas Deal, Alleyn’s School, London; (Spec B) Owen Daniel Jack, Wymondham College, Wymondham, Norfolk
- AQA – (Spec A) Amrik Bains, Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School, Rochester, Medway; (Spec B) Gabrielle Joslin, Bishop Fox’s School, Taunton, Somerset
- Edexcel – (Spec A) Harriet Binny, James Allen’s Girls’ School, London; Joanna Samardzija, Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands; (Spec B) Holly Boorman, Highsted Grammar School, Sittingbourne, Kent
- CCEA – Jordan Finlay, Foyle College, Derry, Northern Ireland
- WJEC – (Spec A) Joseph Michael Anderson, Ysgol David Hughes, Menai Bridge, Isle of Anglesey; (Spec B) Lily Nan, Howell’s School, Cardiff
- AQA – Edward Taylor, Harrow School, Middlesex
- Edexcel – Daniel Klin, Manchester Grammar School, Manchester
- CIE – Daniel Hale, Bexley Grammar School, Welling, London
Level 1/Level 2 Certificate in Geography
- Edexcel – Shirali Patel, Henrietta Barnett School, London
- CIE – Amber Williams, Downe House School, Thatcham, West Berkshire
- Kristin Barrett, Hockerill Anglo European College, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire