Awards for Excellence in Geographical Learning
Awards recognising and rewarding excellence in geographical examinations.
What are these awards for?
These awards aim to recognise and reward excellence in geographical examinations. It is always appreciated by students, parents and schools when the highest examination achievements are rewarded, and to have that achievement recognised by the national learned society for the subject elevates it further still. Therefore, we have embarked on an award scheme which promotes the interest and enjoyment of geography by recognising and rewarding high achievers in A Level and GCSE examinations.
The winning students each receive a cash award and certificate from the Society.
The 2015 Award Winners
- OCR – Thomas France, Ipswich School, Suffolk
- AQA – Megan Broughton, St Bartholomew’s School, Berkshire
- Edexcel – Lucy Rimmer, Tunbridge Wells Girls’ Grammar School, Kent
- CCEA – Katie Kane, Larne Grammar School, Larne, Northern Ireland; Sophie Sterne, Dalriada School, Ballymoney, Northern Ireland
- WJEC – Rachael Beaty, Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Penrith, Cumbria
- OCR – (Spec A) Thomas Harkness, The King Alfred School, Somerset; (Spec B) Nicola Jennings, Kenilworth School and Sixth Form, Warwickshire
- AQA – (Spec A) Eleanor Turner, Goffs School, Hertfordshire; (Spec B) Rebecca Kellaghan, John Taylor School, Staffordshire
- Edexcel – (Spec A) Tiree Niven, St Michael’s Catholic Grammar School, London; (Spec B) Eva Crowson, Bosworth Academy, Leicestershire; Aisling Cunningham, St Mary’s School Ascot, Berkshire
- CCEA – Wioletta Witek, Drumragh Integrated College, Omagh, Northern Ireland
- WJEC – (Spec A) Megan Jeffery, Bassaleg School, Newport, Wales; (Spec B) James Musgrave, All Hallows Catholic College, Cheshire
- AQA – Ariel Ng, Queenswood, Hertfordshire
- Edexcel – Alisha Jani, Wycombe Abbey School, Buckinghamshire; Jenny Strange, Reigate Grammar School, Surrey
- CIE – Selina Schoelles, Moreton Hall, Shropshire
Level 1/Level 2 Certificate in Geography
- Edexcel – Maryam Shah, The Henrietta Barnett School, London
- CIE – Freya Fine, Charterhouse, Surrey
- Rory Alexander, Sevenoaks School, Kent
- Abigail Hands, Sevenoaks School, Kent