Are you attending a Head of Geography interview? Have you been asked to conduct interviews for your department? Here are some useful tips and example questions to help you.
Candidates should expect to be invited on a tour of the school and to be observed teaching a class. Both these situations, as well as a full interview, will give opportunities to assess their suitability for a teaching position in your school. Here are some examples of questions often asked for geography teaching posts:
- What does outstanding geography teaching look like?
- How would you ensure that all your pupils make good progress in geography?
- How would you plan and implement safe and successful out of classroom learning experiences for your pupils?
- How would you promote geography and increase take up at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge for you coming to teach geography in this school?