Energy security: Energy futures in the EU
- Economic geography
- Fossil fuels
- Energy futures
Ralitsa Hiteva, a postgraduate student at the University of Manchester, is going to be making a series of journeys to Bulgaria, Belgium and within the United Kingdom. She will be visiting 30 different cities as part of her research.
- To explore the way that energy is used, governed and controlled in a number of EU countries
- To look at the different ways that energy affects people’s lives
- Data were collected using a number of research techniques that include semi-structured interviews with energy and policy experts
- The use of case-studies (Bulgaria and UK’s energy sectors)
- Desk-based document analysis which will include reports, letters, meeting minutes, articles, website contents and statistical data
Lesson one »
Lesson two »
Lesson three »
Follow up »
Ralitsa Hiteva is a PhD researcher at the University of Manchester. Her research project involves 18 months of fieldwork in Bulgaria, the UK and Belgium. Her research looks at the way that energy is used, governed and controlled. She is also exploring the different ways that energy affects people’s lives.