Work experience at the Society
We have a popular work experience programme for enthusiastic geographers. We strongly recommend that you find out key information about the nature of the work undertaken by the RGS-IBG before making your application.
Placements for undergraduate geographers
For undergraduate geographers we have a limited number of two week work experience placements. These are for current students only (unfortunately we are not able to accommodate gap year applicants or recent graduates). These office based placements offer the opportunity to find out more about and contribute to the administrative work done in a few departments within the Society.
- Applications for Christmas placements should be submitted between 1 September 2014 and 1 November 2014.
- Applications for Easter placements should be submitted between 1 September 2014 and 31 January 2015.
- Applications for summer placements should be made between 1 September 2014 and 31 March 2015.
Please state which period you are applying for (you may apply for all three). All applications will be considered after the closing dates and we will then let you know whether you have been successful. Young Geographers and Geography Ambassadors will be given priority.
Those who have completed a placement cannot return for further work experience.
If you wish to apply please send the following documents to email@example.com:
- An up to date CV (no more than two pages)
- A covering letter explaining why you wish to undertake Work Experience at the RGS-IBG and which particular aspects of the Society's work you are interested in (no more than one page)
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All placements are unpaid and based in London at the RGS-IBG. We do not pay expenses or provide accommodation.