About the Directory
The Directory is the essential guide to Geography in Higher Education in the UK, with information on:
- Individual geography related departments in the UK and the courses they offer, with contact information and web links to departments, staff and their interests
- The courses available and the options you would have
- The entry requirements for each course
- How courses are assessed; the nature of teaching – staff:student ratios, lectures and the size of tutorials
- Opportunities for fieldwork
- Other special features of the programme
In previous years, the Society published the book "Directory of University Geography Courses" every two years. Since 2005, this has now been moved online.
The information in the Directory has been provided in most instances by the individual departments themselves. For more detailed information on departments, we strongly encourage you to go to the department’s website and/or to contact with the department directly.
The Directory is not intended to be a register of research and teaching interests.
Any changes or suggestions for improvement for this resource would be welcomed. Please send them to email@example.com or write to Dr Catherine Souch, Head of Research and Higher Education, Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), 1 Kensington Gore, London SW7 2AR