Call for Papers
The conference organisers are pleased to announce that the conference Call for Papers is open. Prospective delegates are invited to submit a paper proposal to the 'open' Call for Papers (announced by the conference organisers) or to Calls for Papers announced by Research Groups and other session organisers.
View a list of Calls for Papers being advertised for the conference
- Anyone can participate in the annual conference, and you do not need to be an RGS-IBG Fellow or member to attend (though discounted registration is available in those categories)
- All participants, except non-attending co-authors, must pay the appropriate registration fee before attending the conference. Registration fees may be paid online from early 2013
- An individual may normally only make two substantive contributions to the annual conference - please read the guidelines for participation before submitting a paper proposal
- There will be no proceedings of conference published, either online or in print, by the Society. Paper titles will appear in the printed programme book, while abstracts will be available online. The conference organisers therefore do not require authors to submit their full paper before or after the conference. Session chairs or convenors may request a copy of the paper/presentation from authors to help with discussion in the session, but this is at their discretion
- If authors require confirmation of paper acceptance, for example for funding applications, please contact AC2013@rgs.org for assistance
Delegates who are unsuccessful in their paper proposal to a session organised by one of the Research Groups and other independent organisers are encouraged to re-submit their paper proposal for an 'open' session. The deadline for 'open' sessions is later than that for organised sessions for this purpose. Please do not submit your paper proposal via both routes simultaneously (as this can cause a duplication of accepted papers).
View a list of Calls for Papers being advertised for the conference by Research Groups and other session organisers
Members of the geographical and related communities are invited to submit paper or poster proposals to sessions organised by the RGS-IBG conference organisers. The organisers will use the paper titles, abstracts and keywords to group them into themed sessions and arrange a Chair for the session. Subject to scheduling limitations, the organisers do their best to accept all papers submitted to open sessions for the conference.
Duplicate submissions cannot be accepted - the same paper should not be submitted for consideration in both 'organised' and 'open' sessions at the same time. Papers submitted for consideration in organised sessions at AC2013 should receive a decision from session convenors by early-February. Details of papers accepted for organised sessions will be sent to the conference organisers by the session convenors and should not be resubmitted here.
Contributions that do not fit within the themes of organised sessions and/or have not been selected for organised sessions may be submitted for consideration in 'open' sessions.
The deadline for submitting a paper proposal to an open session is Friday 12 April 2012. Authors will then be advised whether their paper has been accepted, after which the papers will be scheduled into themed sessions.
In addition to the 'open' call for papers, sessions are planned for the conference by Research Groups and other independent organisers. All prospective delegates are welcome to submit a paper proposal to any of the sessions advertised.
As Calls for Papers are announced, they will be advertised here on the conference website: View a list of Calls for Papers being advertised for the conference by Research Groups and other session organisers.