Propose a lecture
We are always pleased to receive suggestions of potential lectures and speakers for both the Monday night lecture series and London City branch series, which are programmed by the Director’s Office.
To propose a lecture please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Short summary of the lecture, including the 'punch line'
- Short biography of the proposed speaker or speakers
- Availability and any specific dates or preferred lecture terms
- Contact details
- A few examples of any images that will be included in the lecture
- Links to any relevant clips on YouTube or similar
As you may imagine, we receive many suggestions for lectures. In fact, for every lecture evening we receive about 20-30 offers, which means it is not possible to include all the good ideas we receive and so we ask for your understanding if the proposal is not taken up. Unfortunately because of the high volume of suggestions that we receive, we are unable to correspond at any length until the proposals are reviewed.
The lecture programme is divided into three terms as below:
- Autumn term: late September to mid-December
- Spring term: early January to late March
- Summer term: early April to late May
Proposals are reviewed accordingly for each term and as a general guide, the programme is confirmed approximately four months in advance. If a proposal is accepted, we will contact the speaker to discuss the content of the lecture and to find a suitable date. We may ask for more information before finally confirming the talk.
Speakers will be notified by email if the lecture proposal has been declined. Unfortunately we are not able to give detailed reasons as to why proposals have not been accepted. However we do appreciate all the proposals that are sent in and all are given our thorough attention.