About the Summer School
The Alexander Awards Summer School enables students from across the UK to participate in a fully funded geographical fieldwork summer school at the end of their first year of A Level and Higher Studies.
The focus is to support students who may not, through a range of circumstances, have had the opportunity to participate in a high quality residential fieldwork before and who would benefit most from such an experience.
It's an exciting opportunity for A Level and Higher Studies students to undertake a wide range of fieldwork tasks to develop their experience and confidence in using geographical skills and enhance their aspirations. With techniques and approaches relevant to the A Level Independent Investigation and Scottish Highers Geography Course, this residential experience expands knowledge, increases the opportunities for self-development, inspires interpersonal skills, and promotes students’ further study in geography at university.
Plans for future years will be posted here once confirmed.
Benefits of the award
- Fully funded, including food, travel, fieldwork and materials;
- Five days of bespoke geography fieldwork which will meet the needs of all students;
- Skilled staff to support your learning;
- University advice, career support and mentoring;
- An opportunity to visit new landscapes, towns, and meet new friends.